(Events in Bold print are Townsend Rotary Events)
- Oct 23 - Canton Church Annual dinner at the Betsy. Contact Pam Sample at 422-7028 for more information.
- Oct 26 - Townsend Health Systems Annual Meeting at 7:00pm in the BHC Conference Room at 110 South Oak, Townsend, Mt. Voting for Directors is from 12:00pm - 6:00pm in the Ambulance Building at 417 Broadway, Townsend, Mt.
- Oct 30 - Whitehall Rotary Harvest Dance from 4:30 - 7:30 at the Whitehall Community Center. Meal, Drink and music by the Little Boulder River band will be provided
- Nov 5: American Legion Surf and Turf
- Nov 10: Townsend Rotary Trivia Night at the American Legion to benefit the Canton Church Restoration
- Dec 3: - Annual Townsend Chamber Christmas Stroll
Our friends in the great District of 9830-Tasmania are interested in doing a Friendship Exchange. This is a great opportunity for a group of up to 12 Rotarians/partners to visit Tasmania and experience the beauty of that island, enjoying Rotary friendship and fellowship while being home hosted around the island.
Townsend Rotarian Pat Platenburg, Townsend Tree Board Member and Montana Director of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture (RMC-ISA), was selected as the 2017 Arborist of the Year at the Annual Conference of RMC-ISA in Denver on October 11.
If you missed last year's Harvest Dance you missed a great Time!
The Rotary Foundation is celebrating its 100th year anniversary in 2017. The Montana Rotary District 5390 is sponsoring dinners around the state to celebrate one of the greatest charitable foundations in the world. My wife Mary and I attended one of those dinners as the Townsend Rotary Club representatives on October 7 at the 320 Ranch in Gallatin Canyon.
The Rotary Club of Townsend is the Fun Club. For a city of 2,000 people, the club has the most members per capita of any Rotary Club in our District with 60. The club is the most active service organization in Townsend!
Ross Johnson, President of the Townsend Rotary Club, Jeff Langlinais, Townsend’s New Rotarian of the Year and new Board Member, and I attended the Montana District 5390 Training Assembly in Butte in August 2016. As part of the author’s personal Butte tradition, after the evening training session dinner ended, I asked the others to join me on a tour of uptown Butte. First, we
The new 4H kitchen building is done! The 4H Building at the Fairgrounds is one of two buildings in the county used as the community center for large events. The 4H building can hold and serve over 200 people. It is a publicly-owned building that can be rented for a nominal fee. The last kitchen renovation was in